Serving Portland Oregon & Vancouver WA
How To Pick The Right Garage Door Opener
1. Decide what type of opener you need.
How To Pick The Right Garage Door Opener 1. Decide what type of opener you need.
Residential Jackshaft Garage Opener
A relatively new type of opener to the industry is called theJackshaft. The advantage of the Jackshaft is that it is mounted on the wall not the ceiling. So, if you need the space on your garage ceiling this is an excellent way to go. The Jackshaft garage door opener works with a torsion spring system.
¾ HPS Belt Drive DC Motor
The main reason belt drives are so popular is that they are quiet. They are also very reliable and they cost a little less. If your garage is attached to your home and your tired of listening to the garage door going up and down… consider this type of motor! You’ll be amazed at just how quiet some of these openers are.
½ HP AC Chain Drive
The chain drive motor uses a metal chain to power the opening and closing of your garage door. They tend to be a little noisy but are very reliable and very economical.
8500 Wall Mount Garage Door Opener – Jackshaft
Includes 3-button remote control, keypad and multi-function control panel
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®.
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening.
- Lock down your garage door and against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
- Lifetime motor and one-year parts warranties.
PDS800® DC Powered Garage Door Operator
- Eco-FriendlyEfficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet OperationVariable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety AlwaysIf the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse DoorTo permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote ControlLinear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall StationAll controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy LightA built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door ReleaseWhen you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator’s quick-disconnect trolley.
- Warranty Precision offers a lifetime warranty on the motor and the belt and the labor. If your motor has a problem, we’re not going to just fix it. We’re going to take it down and give you a brand new one. If you can find a motor with a better warranty- buy it!
Linear LDO50 1/2 HP Chain Drive
Linear manufactures a top quality line of residential garage door operators. They are also very reliable and cost a little less. Linear Garage Door Operators offer the following standard features:
- Lifetime warranty on the motor
- Reliable chain drive motor
- Safety first sensing beam
- Secure, remote control
- Automatic courtesy lights
- Easy door release
- Self diagnostic system checks
2. Choose The Right Company For Service & Installation
At Precision, we provide expert installation and service for your new or existing garage door opener. You can buy an opener anywhere, please also consider the quality of the company that installs it. We warrant both the garage door opener and the installation. Plus, we will handle the rare manufacturer warranty issues that arise, so you don’t have to.